Exciting News for HCA Music
HCA Senior High Music Tour Competition - April 2018 - Results from the Annapolis, Maryland WorldStrides Heritage Festival.
1. Senior Band – Gold 2nd Place – 2nd highest mark with gold standard (85-100%)
2. Jazz Band – Gold 1st Place - highest mark with gold standard (85-100%)
3. Vocal Jazz – Gold
4. Senior Choir – Silver
5. Percussion Ensemble – Gold
6. Outstanding Choral Group – awarded to HCA Vocal Jazz for highest mark in festival of all the choral groups
7. Sweepstakes for Choral Program – for overall highest vocal marks in 2 or more vocal groups
8. Adjudicator Award – HCA Jazz Band – a discretionary award chosen by adjudicators for a group that they feel demonstrates exceptional musicianship.
9. WorldStrides OnStage Maestro Awards were awarded to Sebastian Arroyave and Lovelin Thomas. These individuals are selected by the adjudicators for their outstanding musical ability in more than one specialty.
10. A special award is given to one student who best exhibits the qualities of “determination, inspiration, and service on behalf of their music program, school and community”. Each music director nominates a student and provides a bio of their contributions. This year the Ovation Award went to the HCA Grade 12 student, Rachel Schuck.
Elementary Music (K-Gr.6)
Music classes begin in Grade 1 and the recorder is the learning instrument of choice in the elementary program due to its portability and affordability. Orff instruments and the bell choir are introduced between Grades 3-5 and opportunities in music expand for older elementary students with the choir (Gr. 3-6) and beginner band in Grade 6. Kindergarten students also enjoy singing throughout the day to songs that encourage learning, activity and faith.
Middle School Music (Gr.7-9)
The Middle School music program program at HCA consists of Band, Choir and student led worship teams.
High School Music (Gr.10-12)
The High School music program program at HCA consists of Senior Band, Senior Choir, Jazz Band, Vocal Jazz, Percussion Ensemble and Rev7 (our student led worship team). Under the direction of Mr. Airhart the High school music ensembles have received numerous awards at competitions throughout Canada and the United States. The majority of High School Students are involved in the music program in one way or another.
HCA Music Parents Association (MPA) is pleased to provide an individual fundraiser for families looking for an easy way to offset the cost of their child's participation in music at Heritage Christian Academy.
Purchase Gift cards for your own personal or family shopping or as birthday gifts, appreciation gifts, Christmas gifts, and company or client give-aways/incentives/awards and designate a student or the music program as the recipient of the % earned from each retailer.
As of September 2015, Shopping Rewards can also be applied toward student fees for the Athletic program.